Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Light of Tears

This is a romance/heartbreak scene for the prompt "Bright cheerful summer of Sam" -- however given how I was when the prompt was given, I could not write 'bright' or 'cheerful' but the words that came are from a personal experience.

I took Claire and drew her close; though her eyes trembled mine remained firm.

"Look into my eyes," I said, "What do you see?
'Do you see the depth of my soul?
Do you see the oceans of unshed tears?
Do you see the scars of my life?
What do you see?

True tears, they are the purest form of emotion
Anger, fear, hate, happiness, and laughter
The moment the drop takes form
Is the emotion truly seen for what it is

You can only take the tears from people dear to you
True Tears fall not from the eyes, but from the heart

I can not love you as I once had

My tears for you no longer are touched by your words or feelings, though they carry the weight of our journey

Perhaps in time, one day; will they be shed or taken away

But until that time...the oceans which you once touched
Remain veiled, hidden by the fog."

So I then turned from her, walking away.  I heard the impact of the ground as she fell upon her knees and wept.

The sun had risen to its zenith, marking the beginning of a new summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment