Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A New World: Progress is Made (Part 2)

“I felt it was prudent, seeing how you always react to bad family things. Thought maybe it would lessen the blow on the owner’s children.” Alex statement caught me off guard, but I knew where it was going.

“Owners children?”

“Yes, apparently the old owner sold it to his brother…”

“But the brother didn’t want to deal with it, and lalala family fight?” a familiar story,

“Indeed. Looks like family issues are true even here.”

I rolled my eyes “Lot less murder about them though. What are you tapping?”

He looked down, as if he had forgotten it was there. “Oh yes, this, it’s a laptop I picked up while you slept. It’s what you use to interface with stores from a distance, and something called the internet. It’s quaint, like what the roots might have looked like a thousand years ago. Want to try?”

I snuggled into my chair. “No thank you.”

“Also, I was looking around, apparently you aren’t allowed to walk around like that.”

I raised an eyebrow “not allowed to look like a 7 foot tall feline ape hybrid? Thank you for the update Alex, I wouldn’t have known.”

“I was talking about walking around naked, I know you don’t go out like that a lot, but just for information.”

“I’ll make note of it, but I think that’s incredibly silly, I’ve seen human’s naked, not a great deal of differences between them. Is clothing a social thing here?”

“Looks like it, sorry.” Alex shrugged.  

“So dumb, have you heard from Bartholomew?”

“Yes, apparently due to recent mine issues, the price of platinum has gone up, so good news on that front. The latest shipment is set to drop in 30 hours, which means we are going to get a tidy return.  Who knew that shiny dust would be worth so much here?”

I shrugged, shifted again. “Let me know if there is news.”

“But you just got up.” Alex turned to look at me, seemingly concerned, but I just smiled.

“Look up cat nap on that thing, you will see it is in line with what is expected of something like me” I pulled a throw blanket over me and drift off while Alex gets back to setting up our life on earth.

The next thing I knew, Alex was tapping me lightly on the head, to wake me up. His face was set in a grin as he pointed at the screen. “We got it.”

I rubbed my eyes “The building?”

Alex nodded “apparently we are going to do something called closing in a few days, the government needs to shuffle papers around and change names on things. But then it’s all ours. Do you want me to get started on the building permits?”

“Please.” I stretched, feeling my muscles scream nicely.

“Also, I set up a meeting with a building inspector, I know you scanned it yesterday, but we need to keep up appearances.”


“This is one of the reasons having you with me isn’t as awful as it could be. Alex made a face at me, and I giggled at him before slithering from my chair and going over to guve him a hug.
“Thank you for thinking of that, what time is the appointment?”

“I made it yesterday, it’s in two hours.”

“Then I will start getting ready.” I walked into the other room to fide something appropriate for my second decent on the blue planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment