Thursday, October 9, 2014

Dark Dreams and Darker Crimes

Warning: Strong Language

This was a prompt designed to allow writers to flush out a scene. They wrote three segments separated by about 20 minutes of the same crime scene. After wards they were asked to fill in those twenty minute gaps however they wanted. The gaps in mine did not need much to expand them to keep the flow going.

“Captain, Someone moved it. The pooling of blood and the streaks suggest it might be hauled towards the alley down there.” I said.

The Captain muttered for a bit and said, “Fine. Finish up here and we will take a look down there. I hate the weird creepy shit that happens in this town.”

We wrapped things up in under 30 minutes and head to the alley.

“The alley is a dead end. I don’t like this. Maybe it is hidden in one of the dumpsters. Or beneath those boxes.”

“This is a high profile case but we need to keep it on the down-low,” the captain emphasized. “Check every corner of the alley. For all I know it could be a maniac serial killer. Just what we needed.” He sighed audibly.

It took us another 40 minutes to do our due diligence and it was nearly dawn. It had been a long night.

“There is absolutely nothing here. I see the blood trail but it disappears in the middle of the alley. No tire tracks anywhere. No doors, windows or grates either. This isn’t looking good. It simply vanished. Doesn’t make sense, Captain,” I said. “Captain?” I repeated.

The Captain had turned white. He turned to me and said, “I had hoped they were gone. But they are still here. We should talk, you and I. In private.”

No comments:

Post a Comment