Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Blindness Set In, I Couldn’t See


First of four writing prompts themed around senses.

Sinking, sinking into the deep. The hardest part is just letting yourself drift down through the water away from the light. At first there are a few fish to catch my attention, but out here, in the middle, that’s all you get. After that, it’s nothing but empty water all around getting darker and darker until…the blindness sets in. I can’t see an inch in front of my face and through I’m in the sub, I can still feel the pressure of the water outside as the pressure gages adjust a fraction too slowly. You would think there’d be all sorts of glowing buttons and dials, but not in this sub. In this sub everything is dark, no automatic lights either inside or out. This sub is “The Hunter” and our prey is shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment